The Board supports the work of the IUGB Foundation and provides mission-based leadership and strategic governance. While day-to-day operations are led by IUGB’s Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Board-CEO relationship is a partnership, and the appropriate involvement of the Board is both critical and expected.
Specific Board Member responsibilities include:
- Leadership, governance and oversight
- Trusted advisor to the CEO
- Strategic thinker and analysis
- Key Ambassador
- Convener of local and international personal and professional networks
IUGB Foundation expects to have 100% of Board Members make an annual contribution commensurate with their capacity.
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Extensive professional experience with significant executive leadership accomplishments in business, finance, government, legal, education or the philanthropy sector
- Has an affinity for Africa, its youth and the critical need for quality education
- A commitment to and understanding of IUGB’s beneficiaries
- Savvy diplomatic skills and a natural affinity for cultivating relationships and persuading, convening, facilitating and building consensus among diverse individuals
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and a passion for improving the lives of IUGB Foundation’s students, faculty and alumni
- French language capability is desirable but not required
- Service on IUGB’s Board of Directors is without remuneration